No products in the basket.
The Sharry Baby is a cross between Oncidium Jamie Sutton and Oncidium Honolulu. It is one of the only orchids to have a fragrance. It is often known as the chocolate orchid for the rich fragrance that is gives off. This plant has 6 flower spikes and looks to be a fantastic display of deep purple.
Pot not included
1 in stock
The ‘Sharry Baby’ is an inter generic cross and member of the Oncidium family of Orchids. They are exceptionally beautiful and McBean’s has provided Oncidiums many Royal marriage bouquets over the years and we have some breeding plants that are over seventy years old. In the past Oncidiums have changed hands for many thousands of pounds and are still highly sought after. Baron Schroeder paid 5600 pounds for one in 1907!
- They like temperatures of 10oC to 23oC degrees
- They like low light levels and normal humidity
- They can be prone to over watering
- We recommend using rainwater when watering/feeding
- Flowers may last 5 to 7 weeks
- Peak flowering period occurs during the Autumn and Winter or late Spring