No products in the basket.
This plant has dainty orange-pink flowers and makes for a superb house plant. Flowers can be pendulous or upright. This is a very old cross between a species and primary hybrid (Amabile x Alexandrae) registered in 1910 – a must for every orchid collector.
Terracotta pot not included
Please note if there is a frost we will delay delivery
8 in stock
The Oncidium is a large and highly varied orchid with around 400 species and even more hybrids.They are exceptionally beautiful and McBean’s has provided Oncidiums for many Royal marriage bouquets over the years and we have some breeding plants that are over seventy years old. In the past Oncidiums have changed hands for many thousands of pounds and are still highly sought after. Baron Schroeder paid 5600 pounds for one in 1907!
- They like temperatures of 16oC to 24oC degrees
- They like low light levels and normal humidity
- They can be prone to over watering
- We recommend using rainwater when watering/feeding
- Flowers may last 5 to 7 weeks
- Peak flowering period occurs during the Autumn and Winter or late Spring
|In Flower or Out of Flower||
Out of Flower, In Flower