No products in the basket.
Coelogyne is an type of sympodial epiphytes which range from India, Chine, Indonesia and the Himalayas. They can be found in tropical lowland forests and in cooler montane rainforests.
- They like temperatures of 16oC to 24oC degrees. They need a cooler winter to help with reflowering 7oC -13oC.
- Fairly strong light at 2500-3000 ft. candles is good for these plants. If they are grown in a conservatory or greenhouse then 50%-60% shading is needed during the summer months to prevent leaf burn and overheating.
- Normally, watering once each week is sufficient but, during the hot summer months it may be necessary to water twice weekly.
- Humidity 50-70% – if you live in a dry atmosphere put on a tray with gravel and top up with water to create a micro-climate. Never let it sit in water.
- We recommend using rainwater when watering/feeding
- Flowers may last 5 to 7 weeks
- Peak flowering period occurs early spring