No products in the basket.
McBean’s is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. McBean’s may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What personal data does McBean’s collect from you?
We may collect two types of information from users of our website:
(i) Personal Information: This includes, but is not limited to;
Your name, your date of birth, address, telephone number (including business and mobile numbers), credit card information and email address
(ii) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: (such as information about how many users log on to our website) The personal information we may collect, and process includes:
- Personal details that you provide by filling out the form on our website, information provided to subscribe to our services, included but not limited to, your title, name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including business and mobile numbers), credit card information and email address
- Recipient details you provide when placing an order, including title, name, address and any contact telephone numbers. However, these details are not used for direct marketing purposes
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of such correspondence
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of orders; and
- Dealings with third parties who hold personal information on you (this could include organisations such as bank and credit card agencies) They may provide this information as a matter of ordinary business dealings
How do we use the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- To process your order (including payment authorisation)
- To ensure that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To notify you about changes in our services
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- To notify you of changes to our services
- For compliance under our legal obligations to you
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers and events, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. All information is sorted on our secure servers or servers hosted by third party providers. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, McBean’s cannot be held liable for any breaches of said security that are out of our control. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet and that your information is sent over at your own risk.
Your personal information will only be held for a reasonable period or if English law requires or permits.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation enforced on 25th May 2018, at any time. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write or email using the addresses below.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to McBean’s, Resting Oak Hill, Cooksbridge, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 4PR or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
While no data transaction over the internet is 100% secure, our security system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date data storage and security techniques are used to protect personal information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the personal information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this personal information. Personal information is held on a secure online server utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL standard)
How long will we keep your personal data for?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We hope that by doing so, we reduce the risk of your data becoming inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant.
We will usually keep your data for no longer than six years, so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. At the end of the retention period, your data will either be permanently deleted or completely anonymised, so it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis or business planning.
Cookies are used by the McBean’s website to track the behaviour of registered and non-registered visitors to our site.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please see the list of cookies McBean’s may collect from you:
The association with your shopping cart
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly
The items that you have in the Compare Products list
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not
Your session ID on the server
Allows guests to edit their orders
The last category you visited
LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product you have viewed
Indicates whether a new message has been received
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in
Information on what polls you have voted on
The items that you have recently compared
Information on products you have emailed to friends
The store view or language you have selected
The products that you have recently viewed